.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts of Elly

My thoughts and feelings when I am thinking and feeling them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio, United States

I am a 38 year old housewife. And I have to say that I cringe at the word! ICK!!! I recently graduated from Westwood College earning my BS in Web Design and Multimedia. I'm one of the referees for the Gem City Rollergirls.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Yesterday we were at a party for our brother-in-law. My Sister-in-law is one of those women you just love to hate. She is, quite simply, perfect. She's totally on top of everything. It's just annoying.

Then there is me. Freshly inked, chubby and a slob. My husband loves me the way that I am, but for some reason, I feel like I just can't get that acceptance from his family. We've been married 9 1/2 years! And still, I don't fit into the family's mold of who they want me to be. I guess that I should say that it's not me that's the problem. It's them!

Don't get me wrong. I love them all. My SIL is an incredible person with a huge, giving heart. My MIL is just wonderful to us. They are all fun and *normal*. That's probably my problem here. I don't want to be normal. hmmm, this blogging thing is great for therapy related ramblings...

Anyways, (I am already off track) we're at this party, everyone is drinking, and I know I said some racy things that I shouldn't have said. I should know better than to open my mouth. Next time, I won't drink and play with the kids the whole time!

Also, I was asked to sing at a cousin's wedding. This, I am getting nervous about. Kim told me that I have a beautiful voice. When I asked her if she'd ever heard me sing, she said she heard me sing "Happy Birthday". Oh dear, that's really not a good song to judge me from.

I used to sing all the time. I was doing all I could to be professional. Of course, somewhere along the line, someone brings you down. I stopped practicing. Hell, I quit choir! Now I sing to the kids and to myself.

The other complaint I have about this is that she doesn't know what song! Oh boy, I need to know and get much practice in before September. I hope that she makes up her mind soon.

When my SIL heard about this, she seemed shocked! What does that mean? I'm going to be bathed in a mystery about that. I made Jason promise to listen to me, so that if I sucked really bad, I could sabatoge myself. I'll kiss anyone with strept to get out of totally making a fool of myself!

Wow, this is really making me a major whiner. I'm going to have to start rambling about politics and religion soon. Just to get out of the whiner funk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home