.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts of Elly

My thoughts and feelings when I am thinking and feeling them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio, United States

I am a 38 year old housewife. And I have to say that I cringe at the word! ICK!!! I recently graduated from Westwood College earning my BS in Web Design and Multimedia. I'm one of the referees for the Gem City Rollergirls.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Migraine Mania

OK, so I was thinking that I should start a headace journal. So, I went looking for paper... then I remembered that I have Word on my PC and need to keep in practice (a bit) in case I ever have to macro anything again (yeah, right). And then, I remembered that I haven't blogged in forever (not that this is going to be the journal) and decided to do at least one write up here.

So, I get migraines. Nowadays, lots and lots of migraines. Sometimes I am completely functional albeit miserable. And other times I cocoon myself in bed and desperately try not to move. Moving = bad. I barely eat and drink on those days because eating and drinking would mean I have to move twice. Once to eat and drink and again to piss and shit.

Let's see, this one started on Wed. At an Easter party one of my friends had for Cameron's class. Wasn't bad at all, I actually wasn't fully convinced that it was a migraine. So, I didn't worry too much about it and took an Imitrex when I got home. Well, I must have been too late, one hour later I was in my reading chair... not moving.

So, I read a bit and slept a bit. Jason got home and sent me to bed. At one point the pain was so bad I thought I would hurl (what? I don't know... I wasn't eating). Got up after a couple of hours and got the kids in bed... then played WoW a bit.

WoW seems to be ok to play for the most part. CoH on the other hand, hurts after a bit. Did both, but had to run to bed after the CoH. Best thing about sitting in front of the PC with a migraine... movement is minimal. Sometimes, it gets to be too much... but I can hack it on functional days.

OK, so I go to bed at a decent time. Jason let's me sleep Thurs morning and gets Emily set up for school. I slept in until 10am! Ok, not completely. Abby and Cam kept coming in and laying down with me. And I was hurting! Of course, no food or water for me! So, I got up... cheated and had a Diet Mountain Dew and then did all I could before it was time to get my CT Scan done.

Ahhh, forgot to mention that part earlier. I finally hooked up with a new Doctor. He recommended the CT scan because the intensity and frequency of my headaches had become much worse. No food or drink 4 hourse prior!

That just made the migraine worse!

Oh well, my father in law, came over and took are of the kids. Jason came home and drove me to Dayton Medical Imaging.

We waited...
waited...
waited...
I stopped feeling guilty for the Mt Dew.

Finally, I got taken to the CT scan. No biggie. Did one without the dye and one with... ooo mucho fun! Biggest problem was taking out all my earrings!

Jason wanted to check out the Sam's Club on that part of town... so, we went there. Got a giant bag of fishsticks for $3.21 and a GameCube for the kids. We haven't told them yet. We need another game besides Metroid for them to play!

Finally, we stopped by Mc Donalds on the way home. I absolutely pigged out. Got the 2 cheeseburger meal and I went to town. By the time we got home, my headache went down to Slightly-Better-Than-Functional.

And I went to my reading chair... read... and fell asleep.

We had Taco Bell for dinner. And I got the phone calls that wouldn't stop. People, if it's a Thursday night... don't call your friends and family until after 9pm. Survivor is on Thurs!

I talked to my Dad. Apparently, these will get worse because of the hormone levels at my age. Should start backing off when I'm 35 (just over 2 years from now). Nice...

Then the Apprentice comes on (not as important as Survivor) and my sister calls! Dad had called her, so she had to report to me (huge other story, they really don't talk much).

Amanda calls and wants to play CoH around 10ish, wait... that was before Survivor... she knows what's important!

We play... I hurt but can function. I was wanting to play WoW after, but once I got logged in, I just couldn't take it anymore... I went to bed.

This morning, Jason let me sleep again.

"Let's me sleep" isn't exactly right. He still has to ask me a few things. That's ok though.

My head hurts... and I'm supposed to work tonight. I am sooo not looking forward to it. I could call in, but right now, it's not too bad.

I am a comma fiend.

Wow, what a boring entry that was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home