bye bye baby
Today was the first day of school for the younger two children. While Abby has been at this school for two years, it was Cameron's first day ever!
See, this didn't bother me with the girls, because I was a teacher where they started. So, when I took them to a real preschool, I was already acclimated to the situation. But, not with the baby boy. He stayed in my room when I taught, and has been my buddy while the girls were in school.
So, you would think that I would be all excited to have a little time (2.5 hrs on Mon and Wed) to myself. This, for the first time in 7 years. I was excited, he really needs this....badly. But, there he went. Kissed me good-bye and walked right in. And I almost cried. It came from nowhere.
These situations creep up on me occasionally. I'll be watching my children doing anything, then it occurs to me that they are growing up.
Emily's 7th birthday caught me unawares. We were singing "Happy Birthday" and all of a sudden I saw her at her first birthday. Baby girl who had had way too much for 3 days. First grandchild on both sides, so everything was over done. She just sat and had this demure look on her face. She still has it. I had to leave the room. I really don't like to cry in front of people.
Abby just has this lovliness that drives me to tears. Only yesterday, she ahad to get her 5 year shots. And I cried and laughed at the same time. That beautiful face of hers went really ugly. Then she started the high pitch this-hurts-way-too-bad-so-I'm-going-to-make-everyone-think-you-people-are-killing-me screams. Of course, it's my job to hold her down. That part made me want to cry. But the screaming! Nervous reaction, I guess. If I hadn't laughed, I would have been screaming too.
And there goes my baby. He didn't even have the courtesy to cry a little! No, I am glad he didn't. I would have driven mysef insane wondering how he was if he had. But, damn. He is such a little man. Cuddly though. I hope that stays for a little while.
Well, he'll remind me soon that he's still my baby. I'm sure he'll have an accident soon. I hate the potty training days! Diapers and accident pants, I will never miss!
See, this didn't bother me with the girls, because I was a teacher where they started. So, when I took them to a real preschool, I was already acclimated to the situation. But, not with the baby boy. He stayed in my room when I taught, and has been my buddy while the girls were in school.
So, you would think that I would be all excited to have a little time (2.5 hrs on Mon and Wed) to myself. This, for the first time in 7 years. I was excited, he really needs this....badly. But, there he went. Kissed me good-bye and walked right in. And I almost cried. It came from nowhere.
These situations creep up on me occasionally. I'll be watching my children doing anything, then it occurs to me that they are growing up.
Emily's 7th birthday caught me unawares. We were singing "Happy Birthday" and all of a sudden I saw her at her first birthday. Baby girl who had had way too much for 3 days. First grandchild on both sides, so everything was over done. She just sat and had this demure look on her face. She still has it. I had to leave the room. I really don't like to cry in front of people.
Abby just has this lovliness that drives me to tears. Only yesterday, she ahad to get her 5 year shots. And I cried and laughed at the same time. That beautiful face of hers went really ugly. Then she started the high pitch this-hurts-way-too-bad-so-I'm-going-to-make-everyone-think-you-people-are-killing-me screams. Of course, it's my job to hold her down. That part made me want to cry. But the screaming! Nervous reaction, I guess. If I hadn't laughed, I would have been screaming too.
And there goes my baby. He didn't even have the courtesy to cry a little! No, I am glad he didn't. I would have driven mysef insane wondering how he was if he had. But, damn. He is such a little man. Cuddly though. I hope that stays for a little while.
Well, he'll remind me soon that he's still my baby. I'm sure he'll have an accident soon. I hate the potty training days! Diapers and accident pants, I will never miss!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home