Sad
This morning when I got to Cameron's school, I could feel it. There was just something not right. He and I got out of the car and walked up to the door.
I heard Casey yell, "Cameron!" and turned to greet my friend Cheryl with 2 of her children. Cheryl was crying. My first thought was maybe something happened to one of her parents. Then I remembered the last time I saw her cry. That was when she found out that her friend, Kim's, cancer had spread. I think it was about the same time last year.
Kim passed away last night. She wrote her story http://www.noblecircle.org/stories/kim.shtml. It's an interesting and very sad read.
Kim's son, Ryan, was in Abby's pre-K class last year, and on her softball team over the summer. I never really talked to Kim. And when the moms found out that her cancer was in her brain, they organized dinners, helping at the house and took up a collection to help pay for someone to come in and clean.
I never donated to these causes. I meant to. Absolutely! But, I also had stuff going on at the time and just kept forgetting. And of course, felt bad for her and her family. Knowing that someone my age has cancer that will kill her, is horrible.
Apparently, Kim had been having these dibilitating migraine headaches. Hers were so bad she had to have morphine shots. These were not caused by the mastiation in her brain. They couldn't find a cause for them. That's why she went to the hospital last night, was for a migraine. And she died.
She has a 6 year old son and a husband. I can not imagine what that would be like. I can't imagine knowing I would leave my babies or husband forever. And we don't know if she even got to say good-bye to them.
I really didn't know Kim. Except in the way that a mother knows a mother. I mourn for her and her family. She was a true fighter.
I heard Casey yell, "Cameron!" and turned to greet my friend Cheryl with 2 of her children. Cheryl was crying. My first thought was maybe something happened to one of her parents. Then I remembered the last time I saw her cry. That was when she found out that her friend, Kim's, cancer had spread. I think it was about the same time last year.
Kim passed away last night. She wrote her story http://www.noblecircle.org/stories/kim.shtml. It's an interesting and very sad read.
Kim's son, Ryan, was in Abby's pre-K class last year, and on her softball team over the summer. I never really talked to Kim. And when the moms found out that her cancer was in her brain, they organized dinners, helping at the house and took up a collection to help pay for someone to come in and clean.
I never donated to these causes. I meant to. Absolutely! But, I also had stuff going on at the time and just kept forgetting. And of course, felt bad for her and her family. Knowing that someone my age has cancer that will kill her, is horrible.
Apparently, Kim had been having these dibilitating migraine headaches. Hers were so bad she had to have morphine shots. These were not caused by the mastiation in her brain. They couldn't find a cause for them. That's why she went to the hospital last night, was for a migraine. And she died.
She has a 6 year old son and a husband. I can not imagine what that would be like. I can't imagine knowing I would leave my babies or husband forever. And we don't know if she even got to say good-bye to them.
I really didn't know Kim. Except in the way that a mother knows a mother. I mourn for her and her family. She was a true fighter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home